Bell Ringing to Resume
As lockdown eases and we are gradually getting back to some sort of normality, we are going to regroup and ring the church bells again.
Our main priority is safety to our ringers and to limit the risks of spreading Covid-19 as much as we can. Some ringers are still self isolating as either they or a family member are classed at 'risk'.
We have set down some guidelines to follow to try and limit any risk to each other.
1. Each ringer will be designated a bell and will remain on that bell throughout the ringing session.
2. Only 6 people will be allowed at each ringing session, so would any visitors please contact us to see if we have any spare ropes.
3. Two or Three days will be given between ringing sessions, to let them ropes rest between use, so our practices will be temporarily moved to Wednesday or Thursdays. Starting Thursday 9th July at 8pm.
4. Disposable gloves will be worn, face masks are an optional extra.
5. Ropes will be disinfected before and after each ringing session.
6. Social distancing (2M apart) when not ringing.
We feel these measures will help us to keep safe and help prevent the spread of the virus, but also start to bring village life back to normality.
Firstly Thank You to you all for your support while I was ringing for Doreen and Mark, who have both sadly passed away recently from Covid-1...
The annual Coombes' Charity Tractor Run will take place on Saturday 28th December 2019, supporting Gnosall and Newport Lions club, gene...
Starting at 8pm this evening, during the Nation's Clapping session for the NHS, The church bells will toll remembering Doreen Wheatcroft...